Monday, November 28, 2011

What is the Purpose of Religion?


In humanities class we were given 2 different papers each containing a question we answered in class. For this assignment I am suppose to answer the question on entirely what I think and this is what I think....

What is the Purpose of Religion?
The purpose of religion can mean many different things for many different religions but in general I think the purpose of religion is to make you believe in something. That makes you believe and see the good of life. Reincarnation is a believe that shows you that there is an endless cycle of life and death, but then you reach the point when you stop the cycle and reach a peaceful state. Also what I think is the purpose of religion is to make you see that everybody is equal and you must always try to be the most respectful you can be, as well as kindness and peace. Buddhism for example if you really see, it is mostly based on peace kindness and respect.






1 comment:

  1. I thought your response to the question was very interesting as you answered the question and used evidence to support your answer.
    Although, I would suggest you to explain more on the section where you stated that religion make you see the good things in life. Everything else is perfect.

    ReplyDelete