Wednesday, March 9, 2011

The Giver reflection

The question I chose was: Would you want your future to be decided by others? Why or Why not?
For me I would say yes and no. I would say this because if I make a mistake while I do my volunteer hours I will not become what I wanted to be. But the part that I say yes is because when someone tells you you have done very well and you have been selected the most or one of the top assignments, of most honor. You would be pleased with yourself and see what you have accomplished. But that changes everything if they say you are the mailman, which is probably not a very honored assignment. That would mean you would live in shame until you die. That would be very shameful.

For Yes anybody would be glad they had the best assignment, with most honor. You would see how well you worked in your volunteer hours. This would be even better if one of the elders knew you well, and had a good impression on you.

For No most people would be happy that they get to decide because it will not change if you make a mistake because you will learn from it. But for yes if you did make a mistake your dream job is over. But on the good side for no is that you can see which jobs are available and you can self reflect on what you are good at. Your dream job will come and you will get better.

No comments:

Post a Comment